Archive for March, 2011
Coleman defense team seeks to block testimony from State Police handwriting expert – .Crime & Controversy – bnd.com
March 31st, 2011 at 11:58 am
This article illuminates the problem with police experts – thhey are willing to ‘bend’ opinions to fit facts. Just like the defense attorney says, an expert’s “inconclusive” findings can be twisted to be ‘consistent’ in some respects (and silently, inconsistent in others). Is this type of manipulation by the government fair?
March 30th, 2011 at 2:09 pm
- It is unwise to pay a lawyer too much, but it’s even more unwise to pay him too little.
- When you pay a lawyer too much, at worst you lose a little money. That’s all.
- When you pay a lawyer too little, you sometimes lose everything.
- Because the services that you paid him for could not be competently performed for what little he charged and for what little you paid.
- Your common sense tells you that paying a little and getting a lot can’t be done. This is especially true with lawyers. Cheap lawyers aren’t good and good lawyers aren’t cheap.
- If you choose to hire the lowest price lawyer, and ignore the most skilled lawyer, it is well to save some money on the side, for the risk you run and the consequences that will befall you. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better, for the most skilled lawyer…the lawyer you really need.
March 29th, 2011 at 2:10 pm